Boston is known for a lot of things – The Red Sox, amazing Universities and clam chowder to name a few. But one thing that people don’t really talk about are their cranberries.
Massachusetts produces some of the best cranberries in the world, so it is no wonder that they use it in a lot of their cuisine. One particular use of cranberries is a “Boston Iced Tea,” which is an incredibly refreshing iced tea that is half cranberry juice and half iced tea.
I decided to kick this iced tea up by mixing in two flavors that pair wonderfully with Cranberries; Clove and Cinnamon. To add some additional zing I used a Chai tea as a base to give it a lively flavor that will really refresh you on those scorching summer days
What you will need:
Steps to take:
1. Heat your water until it boils
2. Put the Chai tea, cinnamon stick and cloves in the filter side of the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
3. Fill the teapot halfway with boiling water
4. Steep for 5 minutes
5. Remove the filter from the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
6. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves
7. Stir in the frozen cranberry juice concentrate
8. Fill the pitcher with ice
9. Drink and be merry!
Note: If you do not have the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher, just brew the teaaccording to these directions (link) and add all the tea and spices into the teapot while it is steeping. Follow the directions from there and add the cranberry juice concentrate at the end. Just make sure you add the sugar while the tea is hot!
On a really hot day, sometimes you need more than water. This iced tea is tangy, a touch tart and totally refreshing.