Is iced tea healthy? Sure it is.
Is it thirst quenching on a hot day? Yep.
Can you combine iced tea with alcohol and have a party? Surprisingly yes!
And you don’t even have to have a party, you can have a glass, kick back and relax. This recipe for Rum Citrus Iced Tea is refreshing, lemony and oh so delicious. And to top it off, it is really easy to make.
What you will need:
- 4 teaspoons French Breakfast Tea (or any other smooth unflavored black tea)
- A Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
- 6 cups of ice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 shots of Rum (I prefer Appleton’s)
Steps to take:
1. Heat your water until it boils
2. Put the tea, cinnamon stick and cloves in filter side of the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
3. Fill the teapot halfway with boiling water
4. Steep for 5 minutes
5. While the tea is steeping, squeeze in the lemon and orange juices
6. Remove the filter from the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
7. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves
8. Fill the pitcher with ice
9. Add the rum and stir
10. Some may want to add a bit more sugar to taste
11. Drink and be merry!
Note: If you do not have the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher, just brew the tea according to these directions and add all the tea, spices and juice into the teapot while it is steeping. Follow the directions from there and add the rum at the end. Just make sure you add the sugar while the tea is hot!
Brisk iced tea, tangy spices, refreshing citrus and a bit of rum to take the edge off. What more do I have to say?