The Japanese are fanatical about technique when it comes to their cuisine. Their sushi needs to be cut to exact specifications, the noodles have recipes and expertise that date back thousands of years, and their tea is almost always a properly made Sencha. In fact, Japan consumes 80% of the green tea they produce, only leaving 20% to export to other countries. That is how much they love it. Sencha is one of the few teas that is steamed (instead of roasted) giving it a bright flavor that tastes like fresh spring. It is both soothing and invigorating, with a clean finish that has hints of freshly squeezed lemon. One sip and you will taste the amount of detail that is the trademark of Japanese cuisine.
Organic Japanese Green Tea
A handpicked Sencha from the Kagoshima, Kyushu located in the Southwest region of Japan. Due to its location in Southern Japan, this region enjoys warmer temperatures throughout the year allowing for an earlier spring and crop harvest. The soil for this farm is located near volcanoes giving it a mineral rich soil that brings out the natural flavors in the tea leaf. It also means that the farm is located far away from any city allowing for fresh, unpolluted air, which allows the tea plants to provide the purest, most flavorful Sencha that we have found.
No matter how many pictures, reviews and descriptions you look at, we know that it is hard to really know if a tea is going to be tasty. With our “Pay It Forward” guarantee you no longer have to worry! If, for any reason, you decide that you do not like any of our teas, we will refund 100% of your money and you don’t even have to return the loose tea. This means no shipping labels, trips to the post office and no risk in buying our teas!
Organic is just the beginning. We investigate each tea to ensure purity
All teabags contrain plastic. That’s why we refuse to use them
We never use GMO’s, irradiation,or synthetic preservatives
We only use real ingredients. Not chemical filled flavorings
Just like many of the worlds' greatest foods, Genmaicha was created so that the Japanese working class could afford tea. People would add toasted brown rice (which was cheap and plentiful) to whatever green tea they could afford to buy. What they created was almost a fusion of flavors...
Here is a quick guide to how many cups of brewed tea each of our serving sizes makes.
If you would like to know more about how we came up with these calculations plus how to figure out cost per serving check out this article.