Memorial Day means summer and summer means it is going to be nice and toasty outside. So, I can’t think of a better way to kick off the summer than with an incredibly refreshing iced tea recipe! Iced tea is easy to make, contains zero calories (unless mixed with sugar) and is amazingly refreshing. This recipe should only take a few minutes to make and it is so delicious don’t be surprised if you drink the entire pitcher in one sitting! If you like this as much as I do, just double, triple or quadruple the recipe and store the leftovers in the fridge.
What you will need
- White Persian Melon Tea (double the usual amount)
- A Teapot
- A large pitcher
- Fresh Spearmint (if you can’t find it, Peppermint will also be delicious)
What are the Steps?
- Heat your water to about 180 degrees (just boiling)
- Put the tea in your teapot (2 teaspoons per cup)
- Put a handful of fresh mint into the teapot
- Pour the water into the teapot and steep for 4 minutes
- While the tea is steeping, fill the pitcher to the top with ice
- Pour the fully steeped tea over ice
- You are ready to serve!
Doubling the tea helps your tea keep its flavor
Since we are pouring the tea over ice, we are actually diluting the flavor of the tea. To prevent this, we need to make tea that is twice is strong. No matter what you do, don’t try and steep the tea for twice as long as the tea will get very astringent and bitter.
Zero calorie means we can look good on the beach. The fact is tea means it is one of the healthiest beverages you can drink. Add the flavors of melon and mint and you will have an amazing beverage that is hard to put down.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.