Is iced tea healthy? Sure it is. Is it thirst quenching on a hot day? Yep. Can you combine iced tea with alcohol and have a party? Surprisingly yes! And you don't even have to have a party, you can have a glass, kick back and relax. This recipe for Rum Citrus Iced Tea is refreshing, lemony and oh so delicious. And to top it off, it is really easy to make.
What you will need:
- 4 teaspoons French Breakfast Tea (or any other smooth unflavored black tea)
- An Iced Tea Pitcher
- A Teapot (Must hold at least 4 cups)
- 6 cups of ice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 shots of Rum (I prefer Appleton's)
Steps to take:
- Heat your water until it boils
- Put the tea, cinnamon stick and cloves in the teapot
- Fill the teapot with boiling water
- Steep for 5 minutes
- While the tea is steeping, squeeze in the lemon and orange juices in the teapot
- Pour and strain the tea into the pitcher
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves
- Fill the pitcher with ice
- Add the rum and stir
- Some may want to add a bit more sugar to taste
- Drink and be merry!
Brisk iced tea, tangy spices, refreshing citrus and a bit of rum to take the edge off. What more do I have to say?
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.