If you have ever eaten Thai food, you have most likely had "Thai Iced Tea." It is strong, sweet and extremely delicious. The drink also has a great presentation, with the coconut milk swirling around and mixing with the bright orange color of the tea. While I truly enjoy a traditional Thai-style iced tea, I have added some of my own twists that bring out the natural taste of coconut while cutting the sweetness a touch. This iced tea recipe is delicious and absolutely wonderful on a really hot summer day.
What you will need:
- 4 teaspoons Coconut Pouchong Tea
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 4 cloves
- A Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
- 4 cups of ice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (12oz can)
Steps to take:
- Heat your water until it boils
- Put the tea in the filter side of the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
- Add the Star Anise, Cinnamon, Vanilla Bean and cloves to the filter side of the pitcher
- Fill the teapot halfway with boiling water
- Steep for 5 minutes
- Remove the filter from the Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves
- Fill the pitcher with ice
- Add the evaporated milk and stir
- Some may want to add a bit more sugar to taste
- Drink and be merry!
This recipe will give you an iced tea that is coconut-y, tangy and rich. And, most importantly, it will be one of the most refreshing things you will ever drink!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.