Oh boy, the big day is coming up. Football, food, family… did I say food? Thanksgiving is wonderful to just hang out, that is until after dessert when we are all so full we feel like we want to burst. Luckily, there is a cure for the post Thanksgiving feast – Pu-erh. Pu-erh has been used by the Chinese for years to help overeating discomfort, which is why I am sharing one of my favorite homemade Chai recipes that will help relax your belly and make you feel like a normal person again. To top it off, it is delicious enough to drink as a 2nd dessert! However, if you would like to spend your time with family and loved ones, try our Pu-erh Chai.
What you need
- 2 scoops of Pu-erh (or 1 toucha cake)
- 5 cardamom pods
- 15 peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2% milk
- sugar (optional)
What to do
- Pulse the spices in a spice grinder. Don’t go overboard and make a spice dust.
- Add the spices and tea to 2 cups boiling water
- Boil for 5 minutes
- Add milk and bring back to a simmer (do not let boil)
- Turn off the heat and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes
- Strain and add a teaspoon of sugar and serve!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.