New Year's is right around the corner and I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this Holiday. I like being able to see a lot of old friends and have a good time, but I hate how everything is busy, prices are marked up and it seems that everyone drinks way too much. For those of you who are looking to drink a bit less alcohol this New Year's, here is a recipe for a great party punch! It is easy to make, bubbly and quite tasty. The Black Tea gives this punch a little more body and it helps to cut the sweetness of all the juices. It is also kid friendly, which is great for giving the little ones an “adult drink” that is (obviously) alcohol free.
- 2 cup strong brewed Black Tea (I like French Breakfast for this recipe)
- 4 cups orange juice
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups prepared lemonade
- 1 (2 liter) bottle Schweppes Ginger Ale, chilled
How to make it
- Mix the tea, orange juice, pineapple juice and lemonade in a large punch bowl.
- Chill for 4 hours or more
- Right before serving, add the Ginger Ale.
P.S. - If you do want to make this with alcohol you can substitute 2 bottles of Champagne for the Ginger Ale. The punch will be a bit less sweet, but still have that wonderful mix of sweet and tangy - just like a Mimosa!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.